Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Free at last?

Well, it's happened. I am officially [semi] unemployed. I do still have my part time job, helping plan "Alma Latina". However, I no longer have my full time job at the software company. For those of you who know me personally, if you haven't already spoken to me, I'm sure you will hear exactly what happened. For everyone else, well...I'm not going to get into it. Let's just say I am better off not working for a company like that.

But now what? How do I feel about leaving a job that I've referred to several times as "The Gates of Hell"? Honestly, right now...I don't know what I'm feeling. I am very happy to be laying in my bed at 10 am, with my laptop in hand, still in my pajamas. But I can't do that forever. In the back of my head, I am secretly freaking out. What do I do for money? I don't want to have to go back and wait tables, but what happens if I can't find anything else? I've been looking at job searches for quite sometime and let me tell you...there's not much out there.

So, now what? I have no idea. I am lucky to at least have my part time job. I hope it will lead to better things for me...hopefully soon. I do know I won't be able to just work those little hours and pay my bills and eat. I guess I'll keep looking. Hopefully something good will come out of this situation I'm in. Look at it this way, you won't have to read about my horrible job anymore. Now I can write about the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment