Wow...I have definitely slacked on this whole blogging thing. However, I am determined to start doing this on a regular basis. So what have I been up to since I last wrote. Well...for starters I got a great job. I was working at a local nonprofit. I loved it and I thought I was doing great. Notice how I keep using the past tense. That's because as of right before the new year...I was let go. I'm not really sure why. I mean, my one month review was really good. But somehow, from one month to almost 3 months...I was let go...and with no warning I might add. It's not like I was told "hey, if you keep doing this...you'll get fired". And somehow, from the time my boss came into my office to fire me, to the time that she left...her story changed. At first she told me that she needed someone who just jumps right in and doesn't ask so many questions. Then towards the ends of the conversation, she said that the job role changed and that she needed more of a receptionist type person. Does any of this make sense to you? Because it certainly didn't to me.
That's all I'm going to say about that. Needless to say...I was definitely screwed. So, now what? Well...I'm jumping back into the job search. I have sent my resume out to so many people...I can't even keep up anymore. However, I have not heard back from anyone. I wish they would at least say "Hey, your resume sucks. Stop sending it to us". I do have my eye on one job in particular. It's with the local symphony. I think it's the perfect job for me. It requires a musical background (which I have) but doesn't really require that I use it a whole lot. Which is perfect since it's been forever since I've thought musically. I'm keeping hopes up and trying to stay positive. We'll see how far that gets me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment